R SERVICES LTD
London Road, Capel St Mary, Ipswich, Suffolk IP9 2JT
+44 (0)7856 644 249 info@r-
R SERVICES LTD 2021 all rights reserved.
Registered in England & Wales under company number 10533171 at London Road, Capel St Mary, Ipswich IP9 2JT
1. What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
• what information we might collect about you
• how we might use that information
• when we might use your details to contact you
• what information of yours we might share with others
• your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by R-
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services may link to services run by other companies. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
3. How do you protect my personal information?
We’re strongly committed to keeping your information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also have dedicated teams to look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch straight away.
Where we store your information
Some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside the European Economic Area. We only let that happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being transferred, stored or processed in a location outside the EEA.
4. What type of personal information does we collect?
We’ll give details about why we need your personal information and how we’ll use it before you begin, unless it’s obvious.
1. Information that you give us
We might ask for your name and contact details, the organisation for which you are employed/that you own, your date of birth or financial details, depending on what you’re doing.
2. Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
• your computer
• your mobile
• your TV
• your tablet
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers. This might include:
• IP (internet protocol) address
• device ID
3. Information on your activities outside R-
We also collect information about how you use our services, like the articles you read and the programmes you watch.
5. How long will R-
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. And always stick to these principles:
• we only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
• we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
• we design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
6. How can R-
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
• the law says it’s fine to use it, and
• it fits with the rights you have
We use your information for these types of things:
• to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
• to fulfil our contractual obligations such as the processing and delivery of an order
• to deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
We also collect information about how you use R-
• to show you relevant advertising on another company’s site
• to help us understand what kind of services you might use
• to recommend things we think might interest you
Some of this advertising might be tailored to you.
• to research and innovate
• to contact you about various things
7. When will R-
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
• to check with you about any service or activity you’ve signed up for. For example we might tell you if your account hasn’t been used in a long time.
• to contact you in the processing of quotes, orders and relevant after-
• to answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint.
• for marketing purposes.
We’ll only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We’ll only send you marketing emails or contact you about R-
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you.
9. When do you share my personal information with others?
We’ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
When you make something public
Like post a comment which the public can see.
When we use other companies to power our services
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you’re using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
Sometimes by law we have to pass on your information to other organisations
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
10. Can I delete my information?
This depends on what information you’re talking about.
We will keep information for products and purchases in line with our retention periods and in line with HMRC guidelines (6 years plus current, 7 years total).
We keep a record of how you’ve used our services, but this information can’t be linked back to you.
11. What are my rights?
Remember, you’re in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
• request a copy of your information
• not let robots make big decisions about you
• to ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
• to change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails
Bear in mind, sometimes we might not be able to help (like if the law tells us we can’t).
12. How does R-
What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are bits of data which are stored in your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app.
There are also similar pieces of tracking information we collect.
To do a few different things:
• to remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again. And again. And again
• to keep you signed in, even on different devices
• to help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
• to deliver advertising to websites outside of the UK
• to help us personalise R-
• to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
A few things on our websites wouldn’t work without some cookies. Tech people call these “strictly necessary cookies”. They’re always on when you visit us.
But we want to use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We’ll only use them if you’ve agreed. You can always change your mind.
Bear in mind there are some other cookies out there from other companies. These “third-
2. How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they’re there when you come back.
3.How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit us, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device/browser.
13. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know. It might be a notice, an email, or sent to you in writing.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services and stop giving us any more personal information. We’d be sorry to see you go.
14. How can I contact R-
For any questions or comments about this policy speak to our Data Protection Officer. If you’re in the UK:
by email, info@r-
We’re regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can also contact them for advice and support.
Privacy & Data Protection